Monday, August 15, 2011

Darn Pregnancy Brain!

Did you know that forgetfulness and foggy memory is a symptom of being pregnant?
Maybe it's so us ladies don't remember all the crazy things are body goes through while we are carrying a child.
My goal is to start updating this every week, because my prego brain is really foggy now days and I can't remember what happened last night not to mention everything that has happened the last few weeks.
Especially things that are worth sharing.
Hopefully I can stick to that from now on.
Wish me luck!

Week 15-17
These few weeks have been great, I'm feeling really good!
I'm beginning to think maybe this pregnancy thing isn't as bad as I initial thought it was going to be. Of course I am in the 2nd trimester and that's suppose to be the easiest and so far it holds true to that and really has been pretty easy.
Sure I'm getting fat, living in a fog, and a little uncomfortable but what the heck, I'm growing a human so I guess it's worth it! Right?
(Ask me this again in a month or so.)
About week 16 I thought I started to feel a little bit of baby flutters, could it be baby? Or am I imagining this? I don't know really, I'm not even sure what to feel for! But I like to think it is Baby JAM!
It comes and goes now.
If I lay really still I can feel it more then if I am moving around.
At one point in the last few weeks I was leaning over and I felt a tiny"tap tap" a little under my belly button! It was like baby was saying "MOM! Your squishing me!"
It's piece of mind for me to think that it is baby moving around and growing!! Even though I know this could mean more pain, I'm am definitely ready to be able to feel Baby JAM more!
I feel like I'm a little in the limbo stage, I am starting to show more but some days I still don't really feel all that pregnant, or what I thought being pregnant would feel like.
I'm sure this won't last too much longer. I guess I should enjoy it while I can.

So yesterday I did something I never ever saw myself doing so soon.
Or maybe that I didn't ever want to do.
I bought maternity clothes.
Thats right.
Maternity clothes.
Maternity clothes are something I think a lot of women dread, mostly because there are not very many cute options for us ladies who end up having massive bellies and huge boobs. I just kept thinking about the oversize sweaters and overalls my mom wore when she was pregnant (sorry mom).
But I was running out of options for work clothes and really needed some that were more comfortable and not so tight in the tummy area.
So I caved and went shopping with my mom for a few staple work pieces.
Much to my surprise there are some pretty cute outfits for the preggers these days!
As I slipped on the first pair of pants and pulled up that massive elastic band that goes all the way up to my chest, I actually felt like I could wear them.
Or at least get used the them!
The longer I had them on the more they grew on me.
Honestly, I think they are way more roomy and comfortable then those low rider, tight pants I'm used to wearing.
I might never stop wearing them!!
The hubby and I are also playing the "name game" a lot now.
Picking the right name for Baby JAM is freaking me out a little. Okay it's freaking me out A LOT!
I mean it's going to be his or her name forever! We need the right one.
I think I am too indecisive for this part of the baby planning.
It's going to be hard enough deciding on how to decorate the nursery.
Names are impossible and really feel like this baby with just be "Baby JAM" forever.
Especially when the husband thinks names like "Pudge" (after his favorite baseball player) are acceptable.  

More on the bambino and myself the last few weeks...

Food Cravings: Lime. Still. It's so good I just can't stop eating lime flavored treats! I know this sounds odd, but I've been squeezing fresh lime juice onto sonic ice (yes, it has to be sonic) and just eating it like that! So refreshing!! Hey. Don't judge me. I also have been craving more chocolate, mostly cookies. I'm trying to limit these though!

Food that's Gag Worthy: Nothing really. I think everything in my stomach is so squished together it makes me sick if I eat to much. But nothing out of the ordinary sounds bad anymore.

Symptoms: Headaches, I knew it wouldn't be long until these suckers hit. Also, lots of stretching and pulling in my lower pelvic area. Growing pains making room for baby! It's pretty uncomfortable sometimes. Sleeping is more difficult because of it, I can't seem to get comfortable! Not to mention getting up every few hours to potty. This won't ever stop will it?


My body: My stomach is definitely growing! I have a noticeable (well at least to me) baby bump. Sometimes I feel like people who see me think I might have just had too many burgers and fries, but it's a bump and I'm embracing it! I haven't really notice anything else on my body growing the last few weeks and for that I am thankful!

 My bump: 17 weeks. I say that's a baby bump, what do you think?!




No comments:

Post a Comment